Hello and welcome to my profile, I hope that my profile can help you in finding a therapist that will best meet your needs, please do get in touch with questions you may have about Therapy and I will do my best to answer you.
I have been practicing Therapy since 2008, having started my Therapy training in 2004. I previously worked throughout the UK and London, with people from all over the world. Since moving to live in Northern Spain, I am continuing to work with people from around the world, online.
My experience of providing Therapy incorporates having worked as a therapist in Psychiatric Hospitals, NHS Doctor led health centres and NHS psychotherapy services. As well providing Therapy for Charities, NHS IAPT services and other private businesses based in the UK.
I am also a Specialist Counsellor in Rare and Uncommon Diseases. Therefore have a well developed understanding of how the body and the mind interact with each other, appreciating what it means to live with life long chronic health conditions across the stages of life development and cycle.
I provide one to one individual therapy online and I am experienced in supporting people overcome depression, anxiety and relationship difficulties.
It is in my experience that by considering our life experiences, expressing thoughts and feelings in conversation, we can free ourselves from limiting ways of being and be open to a different future.
In my therapy practice I provide both open ended and time limited therapy. I am trained in various therapy modalities, including Psychodynamic/Psychoanalytic therapy, Person Centred therapy and a therapy called “Counselling for Depression” (CfD, a NICE recommended treatment).
As well I practice Integrative Therapy, bringing together the aforementioned therapies for the benefits of the individual concerned. When first speaking with myself, it will be possible to decide together, which way of working would best suit your needs, unless you have a clear preference.
Therapy can be facilitated by telephone call or applications such as Zoom for video sessions.
Fees can be discussed and negotiated in an initial contact via email or telephone. With my fees for sessions being between £60 and £80 or equivalent in the currency you want to pay in. I can facilitate payments in all currencies.
Please note, any Therapy enquiry in relation to Rare and Uncommon Diseases needs to be made via the rareminds website, thank you. The web address is here: https://www.rareminds.org/project/private-therapy/
GOVERNANCE and MEMBERSHIPS
With respect to Governance, I am Accredited by three therapy organisations, the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), the Asociación Española de Counselling (AECO) and the European Association for Counselling (EAC). These accreditations confirm my high standard of training and experience, which has culminated in being awarded the European Certificate of Counsellor. I also hold memberships with the Association of Counselling and Therapy Online (ACTO), Association of Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy (APP) and European Association for Psychotherapy (EAP).
ABBREVIATIONS and INFORMATION
• ACTO – Association for considering the practice and regulation of therapy being practiced online and remotely based.
• AECO – Asociación Española de Counselling, oversees and unites the profession of Counselling in Spain.
• APP – Association of Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy, an association for those who work in the public sector, providing psychoanalytically informed care.
• BACP – The British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy, is the professional association for members of the counselling professions in the UK.
• EAC – European Association of Counselling, connecting counsellors and counselling bodies throughout Europe, advancing and representing the practice of counselling in Europe.
• EAP – European Association of Psychotherapy, which promotes psychotherapy in Europe. It is the flagship of the profession of psychotherapy.
• IAPT – Improving Access to Psychological Therapies. An NHS programme offering evidence based therapies to the UK population.
• NHS – The National Health Service, which is the UK´s free health service for the whole population.
• NICE – National Institute of Clinical Excellence, a UK institution governing therapy and other health related practices.
- CredentialsBSc hons, Dip, PGdip, MBACP & AECO Accredited.
- More InfoPhone: +44 2081339556Alt. phone: +34 684110794Client Focus:
- Elders (65+)
- Academic Issues
- Anger Management
- Behavioral Issues
- Caregiver Stress
- Chronic Illness
- Chronic Pain
- Coping Skills
- Cultural Identify
- End of Life Issues
- Family Conflict
- Goal Setting
- Learning Disabilities
- Life Transitions
- Racial Identity
- Relationship Issues
- School Issues
- Self-Defeating Behaviors
- Self Esteem
- Sleep or Insomnia
Nationality: BritishAccepts insurance: yesInsurance Details: One Bright and Healix.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.