In providing therapy and emotional support for over 15 years, David has worked in a variety of settings, including Private Practice, Psychiatric Hospitals and Anti-Psychiatry Communities (Arbours Association). Throughout this period David has also worked in the NHS, providing therapy in GP clinics, IAPT and psychotherapy departments. He also worked and continues to work with a number of UK based organisations and charities, offering therapy for specific needs based on the organisation or charity focus as outlined further below.
David previously worked throughout the UK and London, with people from all over the world. Now living in Northern Spain and working online, he is increasingly working with people from around the world.
David offers one to one individual therapy online and is experienced in supporting people overcome depression, anxiety and relationship difficulties. It is in his experience that through the consideration of one´s life experiences, expression of thoughts and feelings in conversation, one can free themselves from limiting ways of being and find ways to be open to a different future.
In his therapy practice David provides both long and short term therapy. He is trained in various therapies, including Psychodynamic therapy, Person Centred therapy and a therapy called “Counselling for Depression” (CfD, a NICE recommended treatment). As well he practices Integrative Therapy, bringing together the aforementioned therapies for the benefits of the individual concerned. When first speaking with David in an initial session, it will be possible to decide together, which way of working would best suit your needs, unless you have a clear preference.
Therapy with David can be facilitated by telephone call or applications such as Zoom, Skype, Viber or WhatsApp.
Fees can be discussed via telephone or email prior prior to an initial session. If not paying by GBP, then fees are worked out by using the exchange rate at time of your first session and are reviewed every 6 months to maintain fairness. David can receive payment via IBAN and also uses Wise and Paypal, therefore paying in your own currency is not an issue for concern.
As well as providing private individual therapy, David provides Clinical Services to organisations and charities. This entails the provision of Clinical Assessment, Care Pathway Formulation, Clinical Intervention, writing of Reports and Liaison with Multi Discipline Teams. Given David’s experience of CPA, Stepped Care and Community Care models, he can adapt to different needs accordingly.
An organisation David currently works with is called CBT Clinics. Who are a company based in the UK and provide time limited therapy for it´s clients, offering a wide range of NICE recommended treatments for psychological difficulties and disorders. David offers clinical assessments, which then inform his writing of reports, providing clinical formulation, guidance, risk and safe guarding assessment. All of which is contextualised by a care pathway based on the NICE Guidelines for adults and young people. More information can be found on CBT Clinics at www.cbtclinics.co.uk.
As well as organisations, David provides services to a number of charities in line with his particular interest and expertise in supporting people living with physical health conditions to live well. He works with people affected by rare or chronic diseases across the world, who are struggling primarily with a physical health condition and the psychological impact it has on themselves.
David provides therapy and support to members of the following charities, AMEND, AKU Society, NCUK and Genetic Alliance. As part of David´s work for these charities, he works with colleagues for a non profit organisation called rareminds and more information on this organisation and it´s work can be found at www.rareminds.org.
Due to starting his Supervision training in September 2021, David is offering reduced fee weekly supervision sessions. Please enquire via email to gain more information and reserve a space for this service.
GOVERNANCE and FURTHER INFORMATION
With respect to Governance, David is an Accredited Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), as well holds memberships with the Association of Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy (APP) and European Association for Psychotherapy (EAP).
David continues to engage with his professional development, possesses International indemnity insurance and attends regular supervision for the work he provides inline with the BACP. David complies with EU GDPR guidelines and is registered with ICO based in the UK.
ABBREVIATIONS and INFORMATION
• AMEND – A charity that principally provides support, information and guidance to people experiencing rare genetic syndromes and cancers. More information on AMEND can be found at www.amend.org.uk.
• AKU Society – A charity that focuses on supporting people managing and living with Alkaptonuria, also known as AKU or black bone disease, which is an extremely rare genetic condition that can cause significant damage to the bones, cartilage and tissues of those affected. More information can be found on the AKU Society at www.akusociety.org.
• APP – Association of Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy, which is an association for professionals who work in the NHS and public sector, providing psychoanalytically informed care.
• Arbours Association – Internationally known anti-psychiatry organisation, which provided therapeutic community based support to individuals with serious mental health problems. More information on the Arbours Association can be found at www.arboursassociation.org.
• BACP – The British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy, which is the professional association for members of the counselling professions in the UK.
• CBT – Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, which is a modality of therapy that is informed by the Medical Model.
• EAP – European Association of Psychotherapy, which supports and promotes psychotherapy in Europe. It is the flagship of the profession of psychotherapy and unites 120.000 psychotherapists.
• Genetic Alliance – An organisation who work on a variety of issues that families and individuals with genetic conditions face. Providing information and support to families and patients. More information can ne found at www.geneticalliance.org.uk.
• IAPT – Improving Access to Psychological Therapies. An NHS programme offering evidence based therapies to the UK population.
• ICO – The UK’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest, promoting openness by public bodies and data privacy for individuals. More information can be found at www.ico.org.uk.
• NCUK – A charity that addresses the needs of and provides support to people who have neuroendocrine cancer, which is a rare and uncommon cancer. More information on NCUK can be found at www.neuroendocrinecancer.org.uk.
• NHS – The National Health Service, which is the UK´s free health service for the whole population.
• NICE – National Institute of Clinical Excellence, a UK institution governing therapy and other health related practices.