In providing therapy since 2008, David has worked in Private Practice, Psychiatric Hospitals and Anti-Psychiatry Communities (Arbours Association).
When beginning to practice therapy David worked in the UK for the NHS, providing therapy in Doctor led health clinics, then moved on to work for IAPT and as well offer therapy within psychotherapy departments.
He also worked and continues to work with the NHS, a number of UK based organisations and charities, offering therapy for specific needs based on the organisation or charity focus.
David worked throughout the UK and London, with people from all over the world. Since living in Northern Spain and working online, he has continued to work with people from around the world.
David offers one to one individual therapy online and is experienced in supporting people overcome depression, anxiety and relationship difficulties.
It is his experience that by considering our life experiences, expressing thoughts and feelings in conversation, we can free ourselves from limiting ways of being and find ways to be more in touch with how we feel, being open to a different future.
In his therapy practice David provides both open ended and time limited therapy. He is trained in various therapy modalities, including Psychodynamic/Psychoanalytic therapy, Person Centred therapy and a therapy called “Counselling for Depression” (CfD, a NICE recommended treatment).
As well he practices Integrative Therapy, bringing together the aforementioned therapies for the benefits of the individual concerned. When first speaking with David, it will be possible to decide together, which way of working would best suit your needs, unless you have a clear preference.
Therapy with David can be facilitated by telephone call or applications such as Zoom.
Fees can be discussed and negotiated in initial contact via email or telephone. With fees for sessions being between £60 and £80 or equivalent in the currency you want to pay in. David can facilitate payments in all currencies.
GOVERNANCE and MEMBERSHIPS
With respect to Governance, David is an Accredited Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), as well holds memberships with the Association of Counselling and Therapy Online (ACTO), Association of Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy (APP) and European Association for Psychotherapy (EAP).
ABBREVIATIONS and INFORMATION
• ACTO – Association for considering the practice and regulation of therapy being practiced online and remotely based.
• APP – Association of Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy, which is an association for professionals who work in the NHS and public sector, providing psychoanalytically informed care.
• Arbours Association – Internationally known anti-psychiatry organisation, which provided therapeutic community based support to individuals with serious mental health problems. More information on the Arbours Association can be found at www.arboursassociation.org.
• BACP – The British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy, which is the professional association for members of the counselling professions in the UK.
• EAP – European Association of Psychotherapy, which supports and promotes psychotherapy in Europe. It is the flagship of the profession of psychotherapy and unites 120.000 psychotherapists.
• IAPT – Improving Access to Psychological Therapies. An NHS programme offering evidence based therapies to the UK population.
• NHS – The National Health Service, which is the UK´s free health service for the whole population.
• NICE – National Institute of Clinical Excellence, a UK institution governing therapy and other health related practices.